If you are interested in developing your psychic and intuitive abilities, reading cards is an effective way to do that. Angel Card readings are comforting and uplifting, and I love reading tarot if I want to get to the crux of a matter! When you get proficient at reading cards, you can conduct beautiful, life affirming and accurate readings for yourself, your friends, family and clients!
I began reading cards at the age of 14. The first person I read for was my grandmother. I sat her down one day, when I
was off sick from school with tonsilitis. I turned over the beautiful cards and started easily and quickly yapping away and reeling off everything that the angels were saying to her through the cards, as if I were reading the words from the pages of a book.
‘Oh that’s very nice dear.’ She said in response. Little did we both know, that 12 years later, I would be reading cards as part of my career, having conducted over 20,000 readings all over the UK and beyond!
I am very fortunate to have been born with a God-given wild imagination and that is very helpful when reading cards! Because of this, I picked up the knack for card reading quite quickly. I found that once I got the technique right for one deck, I could apply the same method to give loving readings from any deck. If you are interested in learning to read cards, or you are a card reader already, here are some tips from the method that I use to get to know a new deck of cards. Please share your card reading tips in the comment box below, I’d be delighted to read them!
You can read angel/oracle/playing/tarot cards etc. in two ways. First, through the designated meanings of the cards. Many card decks come with their own booklet that tells you the meanings of each card and suggests different layouts that you can use to interpret the cards. In the case of tarot, there are library-loads of books that advise on how best to read the cards. The second way to read the cards is by using your intuition and allowing the cards to speak to you without the aid of pre-determined meanings. Most readers knowingly or unknowingly, use a combination of both standard interpretation and intuition. In my opinion reading with a combination of standard interpretation and intuition is the best way and here’s why: Cards, particularly the tarot, have gathered meaning over many many years and the more that meaning is affirmed and re-affirmed in consciousness, the more the meaning becomes energetically ingrained in the cards. Think of it like a natural patina that becomes a part of an antique object over time. Taking the time to study and understand the standard meanings of the cards is useful and will usually steer your interpretations in the right direction because of their energetic patina. However, there will always be anomalies in interpreting the cards in a standard way because your energy as the reader, and the energy of your client/querent will colour and inform the reading, and this is where your intuition comes in.
Here are some tips for improving your intuitive connection to your cards:
1. Sleep with a different card from your deck under your pillow up to 3 nights a week. Keep a journal of any dreams, feelings, intuitions and impressions that you receive. You will begin to feel very connected to your deck as you get to know it on a subconscious level.
2. Start somewhere! Some cards have a lot going on in their meaning and imagery, it can sometimes be overwhelming! My advice is to pick one element of the card to begin talking about. I usually start with the intuitive meaning of colour. Which colours feature on the cards? What do those colours mean to you? Write some answers and ideas in your journal.
3. Is there an Angel, person or animal featured on the card? Go into a meditation and visualize meeting the person, Angel or character on the card. What do they say to you? What is their personality like? How do you feel in their company? Write down any impressions in your journal.
4. Trust Yourself! You are profoundly clairvoyant and your consciousness cannot be separated from the Universal consciousness where all knowledge and understanding exists…work it!
5. Ask the right questions. If the information coming from the cards seems a bit disjointed or confused, put your hand on your heart and ask in your consciousness: ‘What does this mean?’, ‘I need greater clarity on this matter, please.’ ,Why is this information jumbled and confused?’ And trust the answer.
I hope those tips help you in your card readings, please do let me know how your readings are coming along in the comment box below. Have you notice a difference since implementing these tips?
I am often asked which cards I recommend. There are many, many beautiful and excellent decks of cards out there. The best way to choose a deck is to pick one that speaks to you. Pick a deck that makes you feel inspired when you look at it. Over the years, the cards that you use will change as your vibration changes and your areas of interest change. That’s a good thing: I have retired many decks of cards that have worked themselves to a pulp for me! So here are my recommendations:
These are the Angel Cards that I use. I love each of them and highly recommend these decks for beginners to advanced readers. FYI, I learned with Angela McGerr’s ‘Harmony Angel Cards.’
Ciro Marchetti’s ‘Oracle of Visions’ are beautiful, vivid and expressive. Each card is a work of art, they really speak to me.
Did you know that you can conduct psychic readings from playing cards? Playing cards have their roots in the tarot. I have had two very effective readings from playing cards.
Ciro Marchetti is my hero! If you come to me for a reading, the Tarot of Dreams is the deck I will use for you, they are magickal.
Until next week: Practice getting to know your cards. Meditate with them and think of them as an extension of your intuition. Which cards do you use? I’d love to read your recommendations in the comment box below.
Next Week: D is for ‘Divination’.
Come and gimme some love over at:
Get your daily love and happiness tweets @angellassie